Homelessness is a solvable problem. We have proven it – we have the solutions.
Community Rebuilders leads effort to end Veteran homelessness.
We have achieved and are maintaining functional zero.
What does that mean?
We have a well coordinated and efficient community system that assures homelessness is rare, brief and non-recurring and no Veteran is forced to live on the street. This means that every Veteran has access to the supports they need and want to avoid staying on the street and move quickly to permanent housing.
Veteran homeless is now rare brief and non-recurring in Kent County.
How did we do that?
We created a coordinated, cross sector network of service providers and other community members who are:
- Collectively contributing to and responsible for achievement of the goal to end Veteran homelessness
- Focused on providing housing first and the supports necessary to maintain housing
- Committed to finding, naming and counting every Veteran experiencing homelessness
- Reliant on data to drive decisions
- Focused on finding solutions that fit the needs of each individual Veteran served
- Actively realigning and recurring resources to meet the needs of the Veterans experiencing homelessness
This is how we did it!